ad unit I don't know what to name

February 18, 2015

Polyamorous!

This is TWO queen size beds. It works perfect for us!


I'm one of those people who believes in loving more than one person at a time. Right now I am in a relationship with two men and a woman. They must all know about each other by now because... we ALL sleep in the same bed.

Yup, and we fight over who gets the best pillow. For the most part the order we sleep in doesn't change, but my husband works nights so on his weekend he switches which side he sleeps on. That way he gets to sleep next to me one night and next to my girlfriend the second night. It works for us because my boyfriend likes to be right in the middle of us two girls at all times lol: on the couch, at dinner, and while we sleep.

A Formalish Introduction

Me: I'm Afton, your attentive narrator. You'll get to know me pretty well if you stick around. I'm an open book and I love being asked questions.

My Girlfriend: we'll just call her that, even though she and I are engaged. (I proposed :)) She has one of those cliche' "light up the room" smiles and red hair... you can infer that she's a little wild from that if you want. We have been together for a year this March. She moved from Kentucky to be with my husband and I. The start of the relationship was a complete whirlwind. There have been plenty of ups and downs because getting two bipolar women to live together in peace has its challenges but I can't imagine my life without her.

My Husband: this March will be 11 years together. We met when we were both 14 and have stayed together since then. We grew up in California and moved to Tennessee where we didn't know anyone about three years ago. Almost all our firsts are together.

My Boyfriend: we are eerily the same person... we like to say that but what that means is we think the same. I can usually tell what he is thinking about from just one glance at his face. When we first met it was highly addictive and also highly corrosive. We had to learn to tone it down because it was getting in the way of the relationship as a whole. Things are much more balanced now and we still have that connection, we just don't let it get in the way anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment