ad unit I don't know what to name

February 18, 2015

Day 1

The view from my front porch.
:)


I'm sure you are wondering what this post is day 1 of, I guess I am too LOL.

Today is day 1 of my blog, but more importantly day 1 of my transformation. When we are little we imagine that growing up will unlock the world and we will just become the person we want to become because we have grown up. Most of us know that's not true but most of us aren't the people we want to be either... why is that? Why don't we just do it, become the kind of person we want to be?

BECAUSE IT"S HARD! that's why.

It takes active effort to change and active effort to know how and active effort to know who we want to be. Letting our habits define who we are is much easier. Being the person we just happen to be is easy too.

AND we can validate it! "be you" can be a very good thing, but not when you let the true "you" wither away inside yourself.

DAY 1 of me making the active effort to be ME.

To that end I have come up with a list of ten habits I want to implement into my life that are more in line with how I want my life to look. I came up with this list by evaluating the things in my life that I don't like and by validating the hopes I have for my future.

GOALS
1. Go outside more often
2. Watch less tv
3. Write
4. Get dressed every day
5. Clean the house
6. Be clean
7. Get up when I wake up
8. Drink water
9. Be less lazy
10. Do one nice thing for my spouses every day

So, how did it go? Well I got up this morning at 10:30 am. I took a shower, got dressed, made some tea, and sat outside on the porch for 15 or so minutes. I started this blog. I have so far watched zero tv today. I think this is a really good start.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Day 1!
    Keep moving forward!
    This goals on your list are very attainable on a daily basis. Have fun on the journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erik, that means a lot because just last night I was already having second thoughts.

      Delete