ad unit I don't know what to name

February 20, 2015

Day 3 Purple Hair and Small Failures

I never did get that laundry put away BUT I was off the couch for pretty much the whole day. What did I do instead of watching TV... at first it was difficult to find something that would hold my attention. A few weeks ago my girlfriend and I bought hair dye. Yesterday we pulled it out and got started. It took most of the day to complete both of us and there was a ton of laughter and bonding involved. This being the result:

AFTER
BEFORE














I'm super pleased with the result. Bleaching my hair was terrifying and is the reason I have never done a crazy hair color before this. Before I did my hair I wanted to know more about it. Most useful were the bleach/dye tutorial by Offbeatlook (below on the top) because she bleached as much hair as me, and the Splat hair review by Rebecca Reviews (below on the bottom) because it is actually what I used. Both are great videos:


After these two videos I knew I had to bleach my hair or it just wasn't going to be the color I wanted. I used Splat hair dye... I think it was called purple desire, something close to that.

As for my goals, I never did go outside yesterday... that one is hard. I just kept saying "I will do it later." I didn't clean the house. The rest of my goals were technically accomplished but not to the extent that I would like. What I need is to set up a routine so that they are more difficult to avoid. I'm sensing a project for the day!

Today, I actually did a lot of things... including go outside with my girlfriend and talk about the birds playing in the snow. BTW cardinals are such a vibrant pretty red. I'm proud of myself but the true test is how long I can sustain the progress. I think once I get my basic goals into some sort of routine I'll have to add more difficult ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment